The Director of Athletics (AD) is responsible for the overall character, content, and quality of the university’s intercollegiate athletic programs. In addition, the AD is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Athletic Department and providing a strategic vision for the future of the department. The AD reports to the provost and works in collaboration with the president and other members of the Lewis community to support Lewis’s mission and vision.
- Model the university Mission through dedicated job performance, service excellence to constituencies, respectful collaboration and active support of the University’s Mission and Catholic and Lasallian higher education.
- Ensure that the student/athlete experience is of high quality and in support of the academic integrity of the institution, including providing appropriate academic support.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure our academic performance are competitive with our peer and aspirant institutions.
- Plan for present and future initiatives; collect and analyze data on intercollegiate athletic trends, activities, and services; make departmental/program enhancements as needed.
- Build a strong culture of compliance and maintain the overall compliance of each team relative to GLVC, MIVA, and NCAA requirements.
- Serve on GLVC, MIVA and NCAA committees and task force when assigned or nominated.
- A master’s degree in sports management or related field.
- A minimum of five years successful supervisory/coaching experience at the college or university level.
- A clear understanding of NCAA guidelines and sporting event rules and regulations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge and experience in fiscal/budgetary management.