The Director of Athletics will be responsible for planning, organizing and management of the athletic program. The Director will also be responsible for sound and effective planning, leadership and administration of the Department of Athletics within the framework of the overall academic mission of the University. The Director will administer departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner and sustain a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect at all levels.
- Provide leadership, organization and management of the coaching and administrative staff to attain optimal operational, academic, fiscal and athletic performance.
- Provide supervision to departmental staff and develop an effective coaching staff by recruiting and hiring qualified staff, providing guidance in decisions and recruiting activities and being accessible to staff.
- Coordinate and approve schedules and contractual agreements for contests in all sports. Supervise scheduling for all intercollegiate athletic events.
- Responsible for the business operation of the department, including annual budget development with attention to equipment, facilities, training and/or related resource as well as performing budget reconciliations and exercising authority over departmental expenditures.
- Oversee the eligibility of student-athletes (academic, health, etc.) as required by the University, conference and NCAA to ensure compliance with rules and regulations.
- Provide oversight and leadership to student-athlete recruitment and retention to ensure processes are aligned with University recruitment and retention goals.
- Collect and analyze departmental information for reports for department assessments, evaluations, and program outcomes.
- Master degree preferred; seasoned professional knowledge equivalent to a master’s degree required.
- Requires more than 5 years of College athletic administrative experience.
- Collegiate coaching experience is favorable.