- Effectively advocate for the well-being of student-athletes and the athletics program in general.
- Recruit, hire, mentor, motivate, supervise, and evaluate up to 35 full and part-time department employees and student assistants. Meet often with staff to plan and coordinate events, assign and evaluate projects, and resolve problems.
- Encourage diversity in hiring in athletics including students, staff, administrators, and coaches.
- Oversee the recruitment of prospective student-athletes by working with Admissions to create appropriate correspondence and schedule on-campus visits. Monitor recruitment and roster goals of all coaches and support them in achieving those goals. Collaborate with athletics staff to promote academic success, retention, and graduation for all student-athletes through partnerships with the campus community.
- Communicate regularly with key campus personnel and collaborate with campus offices to plan, problem-solve, and promote the student-athlete experience.
- Effectively allocate available resources to support goals and objectives through the development, implementation, and monitoring of the annual operating budget.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in athletics administration, sports management, or a related field preferred.
- At least six years of successful senior-level leadership in athletics administration at the NCAA Division III level including personnel management, student-athlete recruitment and retention, budget management, compliance, operations, and policy development.
- Experience in coaching at the college level preferred.
- Personal commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy.
- Demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Documented success in fundraising and commitment to the development of alumni and donor relationships.
- Knowledge of technology related to college athletic programs and program management.
- Effective interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
Colby-Sawyer College is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.