The Director of Athletics’ primary responsibilities are to direct, support, and supervise a comprehensive NAIA intercollegiate athletic program representing 21 team with appropriate level coaching staff, 500 student athletes and the Campus Recreation Department. The Director of Athletics is ultimately responsible for budgets, strategic planning, fields and facilities, policies, compliance, scholarships, promotion and leadership of the division. The Director of Athletics is a part of the Student Development team of leaders representing student life, student engagement, student success services, and life-calling and career services and Campus Police.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee compliance with all Crossroads League and NAIA regulations.
- Create short and long-range strategic plans for the athletic program.
- Provide a systematic evaluation process to assess staff performance, constant program improvement, student-athlete satisfaction. Use the data to keep department functions consistent with the mission of Indiana Wesleyan University.
- Create and enforce athletic department policies, reviewing and updating a policy manual once per year.
- Meet with the Vice President of Student Development and Athletics routinely.
- Join the weekly Student Development and Athletics team meetings for information, collaboration, and coordination.
- Must demonstrate a mature and expressive Christian Faith commitment.
- Needs to passionately support and articulate the University mission and vision for athletics within the context of that mission.
- Must have seasoned experience in athletic administration and coaching (minimum of 10-15 years at the college level with supervisory experience required).
- Need to be gifted in supervising and motivating others.
- Must be creating and innovative; discerning and a talented planner.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.