Virginia Military Institute, an NCAA Division I and Southern Conference member, is seeking candidates for the Director of Academic Services & Compliance. The selected candidate will report to the Deputy Athletic Director with responsibilities in academic support programming, cadet-athlete services, NCAA compliance and general administrative functions.
- Lead departmental administrator for all academic support programming. Assists with departmental compliance.
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Academic Services & Compliance.
- Provides support on all compliance matters, systems, and operations.
- Develops, in conjunction with the Deputy Athletic Director the unit financial plan, summer school and 5th year grant-in-aid budget.
- Oversees all aspects of Academic Progress Rate data input, reporting and strategic planning.
- Designs and administers community service projects for cadet-athletes and sports programs.
- Serves as administrative liaison to Keydet Advisory Representatives and oversees SAAC.
- Supports event operation and facility management efforts.
- Designs and administers rules education programming for department and constituent groups.
- Bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred.
- Two to three years of experience providing academic advising and counseling to intercollegiate student-athletes is required.
- Experience as a graduate assistant is acceptable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of NCAA requirements as they pertain to academic eligibility.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with Cadet-athletes, coaches, athletic trainers and athletic administration.