The Director of Athletics and Recreation is responsible for the leadership and oversight of the intercollegiate athletics program, including ensuring the quality and integrity of the 18 varsity sports programs, resource management and revenue acquisition. The Director of Athletics and Recreation reports to the College President and works closely with Vice Presidents for Enrollment, Finance and Operations, External Operations, Academic Affairs and Student Engagement.
- Collaborate with the College President to develop a strategic vision for intercollegiate athletics including goals and measurable objectives.
- Ensure compliance with Title IX and foster an atmosphere of equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Serve on the President's Cabinet and collaborate with other senior leaders to develop and shape an institutional vision for the College.
- Ensure the College's student-athletes maintain exemplary graduation and academic success rates and ensure that the intercollegiate athletics program is student-centered and contributes to the educational mission of the College.
- Ensure that the perspective of student-athletes is heard and considered whenever appropriate, including ensuring vibrancy of the Student-Athlete Advisory Committee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Athletics Administration, Sports Management or related field required; Master's Degree in Business Administration, Athletics Administration, Sports Management, J.D. or related field preferred.
- Minimum of four years of progressively responsible experience as a successful coach and/or athletics administrator in college athletics or similar setting.
- Demonstrated success in revenue generating and outreach activities; a proven record as a successful friend, fan and fundraiser.
- Demonstrated experience in vision setting, strategic planning and long-term goal setting for the athletics program.
- Ability to balance short-term objectives and long-term institutional vision.
- Demonstrated experience in budget management and fiscally responsible approach to budgeting.
- Demonstrated management experience, including recruiting, selecting and evaluating Head and Assistant Coaches.