Responsible for providing assistance to the principal in the administration of the total school program. Responsible for administering all aspects of the activities and athletic programs. Promotes, organizes and directs a program of interscholastic athletics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Strives to develop the concepts of discipline, hard work, desire to excel, and dedication to the sports of their choosing.
- Hire and maintain a coaching staff that believes in the value of educational athletes. That is to promote athletics as a component of the educational process, where students learn valuable lessons in practice and competition that will shape their future.
- Supervise an evaluation program for the coaches and set up training programs for coaches to be certified in CPR and First Aid, AED, Concussion, and MHSAA Coaches Advancement (CAP).
- Encourage each head coach to develop a weight training program that will allow the athletes to experience the value of hard work in the weight room.
- Pursue in-service and training programs that will improve the quality of the athletic program at Standish-Sterling Community Schools.
- Responsible for scheduling all athletic.
- A master’s or higher degree in athletic administration, educational leadership or administration from regionally accredited college or university with an approved administrator preparation program preferred.
- A bachelor’s or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university if alternate route to certification is used for certification.