The Director of Athletics Communications disseminates all information regarding the University’s Athletics Department. This position is responsible for ensuring sound information reporting, recording, and distribution for all athletics at the University by performing the following duties personally or through staff.
- Develops contacts and relationships with media representatives to create opportunities for keeping the college's Athletics program in front of the public.
- Serves as a liaison between coaches and student-athletes and the press, radio, television and social media.
- Supervises the Assistant Director of Athletics Communications and any other full-time or part-time staff in the Athletic Communications department.
- Oversees all MIAA Network Broadcasts to ensure compliance with MIAA Network policies. Coordinates with on-campus television station for football and basketball broadcasts. Schedules and supervises staff for broadcast production in all other sports being broadcast on the MIAA Network.
- Assigns, monitors, regulates and supervises all press box, press row, and scorer’s table workers for all sports as required. This could include but is not limited to positions such as statistical staff, line judges, libero tracker, public address announcer, official scorer, music operator, clock operators, scoreboard staff, and instant replay staff.
- Nominates student-athletes, former student-athletes, athletic staff, and the Athletic Department for awards and recognition through a variety of organizations (MSSU, MIAA, NCAA, etc.).
- Maintains the Athletics Department website and assists in website design or redesign as necessary.