DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary media contact for assigned sports (baseball, cross-country & volleyball) and provide secondary support to other teams as assigned by the Assistant AD.
- Oversee and perform/assign game-day operations related to media, press box, scorer’s table, game statistics, online streaming, and pre/postgame press conferences for assigned sports.
- Oversee maintenance of the athletic website, oruathletics.com, for assigned sports including but not limited to posting/updating schedules, rosters, student-athlete & staff bios and keeping the record book up to date.
- Produce regular press releases (event previews, recaps, and other news) in order to enhance the brand and tell the stories of ORU Athletics.
- Communicate and coordinate graphic/content needs with creative staff for season.
- Use social media to promote individual teams and ORU Athletics as a whole.
- Completion of a bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, sport management or a related field.
- 1-2 years previous experience in a sports information in a collegiate athletic communications setting.
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills.
- Understanding of statistical software including NCAA Live Stats and/or Stat Crew. Must know how to accurately score/stat baseball using Stat Crew software.
- Proficiency in various software programs, including but not limited to Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and Sidearm Sports.
- Proven ability to handle high-stress situations and juggle multiple responsibilities.