Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the total range of fundraising activities (identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship) of an assigned portfolio of prospects and donors including directly soliciting and managing the solicitation of major and principal gift prospects for Athletics.
- Make a defined number of visits and solicitations per year designed to move prospects toward making a philanthropic commitment to the University.
- Prepare contact reports on meetings and interactions with alumni.
- Work collaboratively to facilitate the qualification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospects.
- Coordinate appointments and prepare any required materials for meetings, visits or phone calls with the Athletic Director, President, alumni volunteers, or other senior administrators with alumni and friends within the prospect pool.
- Collaborate with individual gift officers and other Advancement leaders who have prospects with interest in Athletics.
- Write and edit correspondence, proposals, and reports to prospective donors and major/capital campaign gift donors.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant fundraising experience or sales experience in a complex organization. Preference for demonstrated success in making and closing five and six-figure gift solicitations from individual donors. Transferrable experience in sales will be given equal consideration.
- Experience in college athletics is a plus.
- Must have demonstrated, successful track record of donor cultivation and solicitation.