- Bachelor's degree.
- Valid Texas teaching certificate.
- Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate.
- 5 years of successful teaching and coaching experience.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish performance criteria for competition and manage athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, and good sportsmanship. Model performance criteria and perform physical movements required for successful student performance of sport.
- Maintain an active program that promotes good sportsmanship and student development including the time, resources, and materials to support accomplishment of department goals.
- Establish and maintain physical and academic eligibility requirements for participation in each sport, and verify each athlete's eligibility.
- Use a variety of instructional and coaching techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student-athletes in the sport of football.
- Take all necessary precautions to protect student-athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and implement instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletics.
- Obtain and use evaluative findings (including student achievement data) to gauge athletic program effectiveness and ensure that program renewal is continuous and responsive to student needs.