- Create and implement the BGCMLA Athetics & Health Strategy and introduce programs specifically designed to promote healthy lifestyles, encourage regular physical activity and address social issues such as obesity and diabetes.
- Ensure all program goals and objectives are met.
- Collaborate with staff, volunteers, parents, partners and other stakeholders to ensure resources are accessible, relevant, publicized and of the highest quality.
- Regularly mentor and coach BGMLA professionals to ensure we are developing talent, coaching staff, delivering high-quality programs and fulfilling the mission of the BGCMLA.
- Coordinate programs, facility usage, equipment usage and staffing with Site Director(s) related to implementation of Athletics & Health Programs.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate all aspects of programming related to Healthy Lifestyles, including but not limited to: creating, organizing and coordinating sports leagues and recreation events, curriculum development and review.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY and SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to organize, direct and coordinate operations; in personnel supervision, the recruitment and retention of key personnel; facilities management; and budget management.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and to develop solutions to problems with limited supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Club staff, Board members, community groups, and other related agencies.
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated sound judgment, tact and willingness to take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work with a variety of constituencies, both inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to support the efficiency of Volunteers and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations.