Longwood University invites applications for the position of Director of Athletics Marketing and Fan Experience (GA323) in Athletics. This position's primary function is to develop and execute all marketing, promotional and engagement efforts for 14 University-sponsored Division I men's and women's athletic teams on campus and in the community and surrounding areas.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Oversight and management of all marketing operations for 14 Division I intercollegiate sports, including mascot, cheerleading, dance, and band appearances, hiring, training, scheduling and supervising game day marketing and promotions student interns and paid intern.
- Develop and manage the comprehensive marketing strategy for Longwood University Athletics.
- Develop annual marketing and promotional for athletics.
- Provide oversight of the promotional efforts integrated into home contests.
- Foster, maintain, and enhance the relationships with key constituents.
- Execution of all entertainment pieces to Longwood Lancer home athletic events; including, but not limited to.
- Management of the in-game audio and visual content outputs.
- Development and implementation of all interactive opportunities for fans.
- Master's preferred, or Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience and training.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Possess outstanding written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Experience working with video editing.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA, conference, and university rules and regulations.
- Experience playing, working in, or around, a college athletics program preferred.