- Oversee all aspects of the Athletics Media Relations Office to include the Director of Media Relations, an administrative assistant and three Assistant Directors of Media Relations, and any future new positions in this area.
- Responsible for all aspects of the Media Relations budget.
- Oversee all game day media relations functions for football including, but not limited to, credential requests, press box set up, liaison with radio and television outlets, post-game interviews and distribution of all game stats.
- Originate, edit and disseminate all information to promote the athletics department and its 19 sports programs through statistics, media guides and press releases. Directly responsible for football while overseeing staff that handles all other sports.
- Serve as the liaison between the athletics staff/student-athletes and the media.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an appropriately accredited institution is required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and five years of experience required.
- Sound working knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
- Qualifying degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions and conferred by the time of hire.