James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA and Sun Belt conference, is seeking an Director of Basketball Academic Success working with Basketball student athletes. The position is a full-time, 12-month position with a full comprehensive benefits package. The anticipated start date is upon first availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide oversight of academic success for the Men’s and Women’s Basketball program.
- Monitor study hall for the basketball programs including travel to conduct during road trip.
- Lead the academic mentoring program for the basketball programs to increase academic success.
- Responsible for summer academic programing for basketball to meet NCAA requirements.
- Aiding with Dukes LEAD workshops and seminars, career development initiatives, SAAC and community service for the basketball programs.
- Assist the Assistant Athletic Director for Student-Athlete Leadership in establishing and implementing the professional/personal/leadership development programming and activities/events specific for the basketball program.
- The employee provides academic advising to assigned teams in compliance with university and NCAA guidelines and in partnership with university major advisors. Ensures students are in the correct classes towards major and meeting percentage.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Experience advising collegiate student athletes.
- Proven experience working with diverse populations.
- Previous work experience in higher education.
- Previous experience working at a Division I institution.
- Knowledge of NCAA eligibility rules and progress towards degree completion requirements.