The Director of Campus Recreation, reports to the Director of Athletics to provide development, administration, and evaluation of a comprehensive club sports and intramural program and holistic recreation, wellness and fitness programming. This position provides structured programming options to foster health and well-being, learning, competition and leadership for the on campus and surrounding Houghton community.
- Assist with the management of a diversified and comprehensive club sports and program including, but not limited to, administration, policy development, scheduling, staff training, assessment, risk management, special events, budget oversight, marketing and equipment management.
- Serve as Head Coach for Disc Golf club/team.
- Participate with the Collegiate disc golf association.
- Take team members to regional events/tournaments.
- Work closely with Office of Admission staff to promote intramural and club sports opportunities and to actively.
Statement of Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred.
- CPR, First Aid and AED certifications required.
- Basic knowledge of the principles, philosophy, standards and practices of recreation administration (e.g., program planning, leadership, risk management, budgeting, marketing & public relations).
- Demonstrated ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated PC computer competency and skills.
- The ability to plan, promote and evaluate a wide range of recreation services and events for the Houghton community.
Houghton College is fully committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body.