As the public face of the program, the Director of Track and Field and Cross Country is responsible for the management and administration of a competitive Division I Men & Women Cross Country/Track and Field Program.
- Supervises Assistant Coaches to ensure compliance with applicable rules, policies and procedures; provides orientation, training and guidance as needed; conducts performance evaluations.
- Understands and follows National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), athletic conference, and institutional regulations. Observes Head Coach Responsibility in the training, communication, and
- accountability of staff. Reports any violation of NCAA, athletic conference, and institutional regulations in accordance with CSU Athletics policies and procedures.
- Teaching/Coaching: Keeps informed of contemporary trends, tactics, techniques, and strategies in coaching, which includes developing a philosophy of what to teach and how to implement. Provides coaching and direction to assistant coaches, as well as praise and constructive feedback.
- Leadership seeks to foster a program culture that is based on servant leadership from the head coach and staff.
- Plans, implements and evaluates practice sessions. Develops written team rules and expectations in accordance with NCAA, CSU and the Department of Athletics policies and procedures.
- Communicates expectations, praise and corrective feedback in a clear and constructive manner.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least 5 years experience coaching at the NCAA level in Track and/or Cross Country.
- Proven commitment to the academic success of student-athletes.