The Director of Development (DOD) for Athletics will be responsible for raising philanthropic commitments within Long Beach State Athletics Department. This individual will provide strategic leadership when assessing giving priorities and matching them to potential prospects. Incumbent is responsible for direct solicitation of major donor prospects, growing the pipeline of future donors and stewarding current donors.
- Development and Fundraising: Identify, cultivate, and solicit philanthropic gifts of $25,000 and greater from individuals, business, corporations and foundations to support and enhance the mission of Long Beach State Athletics Department.
- Collaborate with URD (VP and AVP for Development) and Long Beach State Athletics Department to identify departmental philanthropic priorities and create successful development strategies for each one.
- Collaborate with other CSULB Directors of Development in the implementation of the overall strategy of the Division of University Relations and Development and university.
- Identify, recruit and train volunteers to support the development programs within Long Beach State Athletics Department.
- Write such materials (e.g., case statement, prospectus, brochures, etc.) as are necessary for the fund-raising tasks of Long Beach State Athletics Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the solicitation process in an educational environment.
- Proficient in identifying and building a pipeline of future donors.
- Ability to create major gift philanthropic priorities with the Division leadership and create development strategies for success.
- Excellent planning, organizing, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong competency in oral and written communication.
- Effective supervisor in managing the Division’s development office.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision.
- Self-direction in the initiation, coordination, and completion of tasks is essential.