Reporting to the Associate Vice President of Development, the Director of Development will focus on identifying and cultivating prospects with an emphasis on gifts of $25,000 and above for SHSU Athletics. The Director will assess the interests and desires of these prospects and work to align their philanthropy with the various divisions and departments directly related to SHSU Athletics. If you have a track record of success in major gift fundraising, we encourage you to apply for this exciting role.
- Participates in goal setting, proposal preparation, strategy development, and stewardship as required for donors in the portfolio.
- Successfully and consistently delivers funding proposals to prospective and current donors.
- Effectively works with, communicates with, and collaborates with faculty, academic leaders, and other development colleagues to develop campus-wide funding opportunities and reach goals.
- Maintains appropriate electronic documentation on a timely basis, including engagement activities, proposal tracking, contact reports, donor strategies, and forecasting.
- Works closely with the Director of Athletics, Associate Vice President for Development, and Vice President of University Advancement in the development of goals, objectives, and strategies to secure the private support necessary to advance the university’s Athletic program to the next level of achievement.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field with five years of experience in a related field required.
- Experience in higher education preferred.
- Demonstrated success in closing several $25K+ gifts preferred.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of education.