The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics leads the Virginia Military Institute Athletic Department. This position provides oversight for all aspects of the 18 NCAA Division I varsity athletic programs (11 male, 7 female), including matters pertaining to academic and athletic success, budgets, compliance, fundraising, marketing, operations, personnel, sports facilities and student-athlete welfare and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build an excellent work environment throughout all levels of the Athletic Department.
- Develop, execute, and oversee the strategic plan for the Athletic Department.
- Identify, hire, support, mentor, and evaluate ethical and talented coaches in all NCAA sports.
- Create an efficient and productive operation for all athletic administrative staff.
- Work in coordination with the Superintendent, the President of the VMI Alumni Agencies, and other individuals to oversee a fundraising plan for Athletics.
- Master’s degree required.
- Minimum five years of experience and understanding of leadership and administration of an NCAA 1 intercollegiate athletic department.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and inclusion.
- Strong ethical integrity.