The Director of Intercollegiate Athletics plans, implements, administers, coordinates, and assesses the university’s NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic program, playing a key role in the development of scholar-athletes, the maintenance of the quality and character of the athletic program, and the enhancement of community and conference relationships in order to advance the university’s mission. S/He reports directly to the Executive Vice President and provides strong supervisory, fundraising, and community relations leadership for a comprehensive intercollegiate athletic program and is responsible for the sound fiscal management of the department’s general operations and scholarship budget.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develops alumni athletics events, community relationships, and fundraising opportunities in collaboration with public affairs.
- Provides operating guidance for matters concerning the intercollegiate athletic program and assists with the development and achievement of college-wide goals and policies consistent with the mission, vision, and values at the university.
- Provides leadership and management for the development, implementation, and evaluation of an annual operational plan for high quality NCAA Division II intercollegiate athletic programs, staff, and activities to enhance scholar-athlete retention, community relationships, staff development, marketing and public relations, and facilities.
- Administers departmental funds and accounts in a fiscally responsible manner; oversees the inventory, control, issuance, and maintenance of athletic equipment and facilities; maintains active participation in university, conference, and NCAA planning systems and professional development opportunities; oversees the recruitment of scholar-athletes in accord with the university’s enrollment goals; sustains a culture of sportsmanship, professionalism, and respect; ensures an environment that promotes scholar-athlete health and well-being and is committed to academic values.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree.
- Preferred: Advanced degree.
- Required: A minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible and highly relevant experience in coaching and/or athletic administration at the assistant, associate, or director level in NCAA division I, II, or III athletics.
- Preferred: Eight years of progressively more responsible and highly relevant experience in coaching and/or athletic administration experience at the assistant, associate, or director level in NCAA division I, II, or III athletics.
- Upholds and promotes the Christian, Catholic, Benedictine mission of the University of Mary.
- Supports the ongoing implementation of Ex Corde Ecclesiae, the apostolic constitution on Catholic colleges and universities.