Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President of Operations and Student Life, the Director of Intercollegiate Athletics is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating a comprehensive athletics program that supports and advances the mission of the university with an emphasis on student athlete academic, personal, and athletic success.
SPECIFIC TASKS AND DUTIES:
- Plan, organize, coordinate and administer operation of the program.
- Employ, train, supervise, evaluate, discipline and terminate as needed all Department staff.
- Prepare budget requests and monitor use of funds budgeted to all programs in the department of athletics.
- Applicant will understand and support the strategic role of athletics and student-athletes in a small, private, tuition-driven institution.
- Serve on appropriate committees of the University.
- Coordinate operation of the program with Academic Schools and Programs of the University.
- Coordinate department efforts and champion commitment to increase student athlete academic success/retention/persistence to graduation.
- Provide internal and external representation for the program.
Experience and Knowledge:
- Successful background in athletic administration/coaching at the collegiate level and a style of leadership that facilitates program equity and excellence.
- Awareness of current trends and issues in Intercollegiate Athletics and knowledge of current NAIA rules and requirements.
- Dedication to the development of the total individual/student athlete.
- Dedication to the principles of Evangelical Christianity, both personally and professionally, and active support for the Christian mission of the University.
- An understanding of athletic administration and the Title IX requirements related to intercollegiate athletic programs.
Wayland Baptist University does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic.