MSU Billings Athletics: MSUB is a member of the Great Northwest Athletic Conference and competes at the NCAA Division II level with men’s and women’s varsity teams in basketball, soccer, cross country, golf, women’s volleyball, baseball, track & field, and softball plus co-educational cheerleading.
Required Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years of progressive leadership experience related to athletics, education and/or a related field.
- Experience managing a multi-faceted department, which includes multiple functions, personnel, and responsibilities.
- Supervisory experience.
- Experience working in a profession in which compliance with multiple agencies must be maintained.
Preferred Qualifications – Experience, Education, Knowledge & Skills:
- Master’s degree in Sports Management, Higher Education Leadership, MBA or a related field.
- A combination of seven years of experience as a college/university head coach, athletic director, associate or assistant athletic director, or compliance coordinator.
- Experience with NCAA or NCAA II or NAIA regulations, compliance, philosophies, and Title IX.
- Ability to communicate effectively with campus constituents, community leaders, media and donors Experience scheduling, managing or monitoring special events, especially those related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.