- Bachelor’s degree and 15 years of experience.
- Strong record of compliance along with a thorough knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to academic integrity, academic process and procedures, and the progress and graduation of student athletes.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain coaches that consistently perform at a superior level.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity in the recruitment, retention, and representation of coaches, staff, student athletes, and to diversity, equity, and social justice within the department.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships with public constituencies, senior university leaders, faculty, staff, students, donors, and diverse populations and constituents important to a public university.
- Advanced degree.
- Progressive athletic administrative experience, preferably three years of university or professional athletic administrative and fiscal, personnel and business management experience.
- Successful administrative experience in both Division I and Division II levels.
- Advanced level training/degree in management, finance, leadership, or administration.
- Demonstrated success at developing and/or implementing a strategic plan.
- Demonstrated success in building a competitive athletic program(s) maintaining a strong record of academic retention and graduation.
The University of Minnesota provides equal access to and opportunity in its programs, facilities, and employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, disability, public assistance status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression.