A successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional leadership qualities, a strong work ethic, outstanding communication skills, and high levels of integrity and honesty. Candidates must have the ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends, must be attentive to detail and accurate in record keeping, and possess an ability to work with a diverse constituency including students, parents, coaches, faculty, staff administrators and outside contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Preferred seven (7) years coaching experience Division I collegiate (or equivalent) level.
- A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ACC, and institutional rules.
- Must be CPR certified or become certified within 3 months of hiring.
- Provide leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes at Duke University.
- Direct and coordinate the activities of swimming & diving staff to include the planning, organizing, and coaching of the Duke Swimming and Diving team (DSDT).
- Communicate regularly with the sport administrator and/or athletics director about DSDT, including but not limited to, issues, needs, progress, and success.
- Maintain/develop alumni relationships and support fundraising efforts for ongoing operation and advancement of DSDT.
- Offer leadership on issues related to the advancement of the Swimming & Diving program.
- Ensure compliance with University, Atlantic Coast Conference, and NCAA policies and regulations and create a culture demanding compliance from staff and students involved with the program.
- Direct the swimming & diving staff in the preparation of competitions; analyze tactical data and prepare accordingly.