The Director of Men’s Basketball Operations at LIU assists with the organization and supervision of all logistical aspects of the Men’s Basketball Team within the parameters designated by the University, the NEC, and the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA).
- On campus recruiting.
- Organizes and secures all logistics for team travel including lodging, transportation, meals, practice times etc.
- Coordinates the scheduling of facilities for practice, game day shoot-a-rounds, and out-of-season workouts.
- Assists in coordinating all on-campus recruiting functions, management of the recruiting database and creative content.
- Manage film exchange program, film editing software and assist the coaches with editing of game film.
- Oversight of student managers.
- Assists with special video and/or administrative projects to support coaching staff.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-3 years of related experience required.
- Detail oriented person who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of people and foster a collaborative environment.
- Must be able to work hours during home games, road games, alumni/fan events, team activities, on and off campus community service events, unofficial & official visit planning.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.