Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides administrative and operational support of the men’s basketball program; manages the program budget, promotes the program and day-to-day administrative operations, communicates with both internal and external constituencies, schedules facilities.
- Travels with team, provides transport, plans and coordinates all aspects of travel; develops travel itineraries, transportation and hotel arrangements, meals, coordinates practice sites and times, serves as facilitator to the UH Athletics Compliance Office to meet NCAA rules and regulations or any issues that may arise, and ensures travel reports are done accurately and timely.
- Secures facility needs for practice times and collaborates with visiting teams to coordinate scheduling of practice times and assists with game day needs.
- Organizes all aspects of official and unofficial prospect recruiting visits and on-campus contacts.
- Designs, develops, and implements a strategic marketing plan and materials to market and promote the program, ensuring compliance with the team’s goals and objectives.
- Possession of a baccalaureate degree in business administration, arts and sciences, humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, education or related field and three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience with responsibilities for program management in intercollegiate athletics including but not limited to NCAA compliance, recruiting and academic support; or any equivalent combination of education and/or professional work experience which provides the required education, knowledge, skills and abilities as indicated.
- Considerable working knowledge of principles, practices and techniques in the area of administration as it relates to intercollegiate athletics administration as demonstrated by the broad knowledge of the full range of pertinent standard and evolving concepts, principles and methodologies.
- Considerable working knowledge and understanding of applicable federal and state laws, rules, regulations and theories and systems associated with administration as it relates to intercollegiate athletics administration.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve wide ranging complex problems through the use of creative reasoning and logic to accurately determine the cause of the problems and the resolution of the problems in an effective, innovative and timely manner.