The Director for Davidson College Men's Track & Field/Cross Country program provides direction and administrative oversight for the program related to successful athletic performance, recruitment, and retention of quality student athletes. Providing the necessary leadership for a positive competitive environment for student athletes.
- Responsible for all aspects of the program, ensuring the program reflects positively on the College.
- Facilitate a positive environment for players and coaches.
- Responsible for the hiring and evaluation of assistant coaches that will provide effective and positive leadership for the program
- Train and develop student athletes, as well as assistant coaches, in the sport's skills, strategies, techniques, and conditioning.
- Oversee budgets, scheduling, inventory, travel logistics, strength and conditioning, fundraising, community service and engagement projects.
- Manage the planning of practice sessions and developing plans for competition.
- Recruit qualified Prospective Student Athletes (PSA), e.g., through evaluation and identification of prospective student athletes; by evaluation of skill and academic performance; contact and communication with PSA's and families; and cultivation of relationships with high school and club coaches.
- Master's degree from accredited institution preferred. Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 5 years of successful, collegiate coaching experience. Collegiate head coaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit academically successful student-athletes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Valid driver's license.