The Director of Men’s & Women’s Tennis reports to a member of the Senior Athletics Management Staff. This position is responsible for the successful management and administration of all phases of Varsity Intercollegiate M/W Tennis Programs, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Eastern Illinois University, the Conference and the NCAA.
- Support the Mission and Core Values of the Department and EIU.
- Recruit individuals who have exhibited high potential to perform according to Department, Conference and NCAA standards.
- Reinforce academic achievement and graduation as our top priority.
- Use Departmental resources for education, interpretation and advice.
- Responsible for full compliance with University, Department and NCAA regulations.
- Diligent in their preparation to compete aggressively to win championships.
- Collaborate on development of a responsible budget for their sport.
- Responsible for the efficient use of all Department resources.
- Understand that the logo is always on as they model professional behavior.
- Collaborate with Athletic and University support units to ensure Student-Athlete health, safety and well-being.
- Bachelor's degree required/Master's preferred.
- Possess (5) or more years of coaching and/or competition experience or equivalent.
- Must have extensive knowledge of men’s and women’s tennis.
- Ability to recruit and retain and develop quality tennis student-athletes.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- Demonstrated commitment to the academic success of the student-athlete.
- Ability and willingness to work effectively in a team atmosphere in the athletic department.
- Strong commitment to the University, OVC and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity and experience with promoting inclusive excellence is required.