Support the basketball coaching staff in their recruitment, counseling, conditioning, training, and coaching of the varsity basketball team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to any and all NCAA, Mid-American Conference and Eastern Michigan University policies, rules, regulations, and operational procedures.
- Assist in the on-campus recruitment of prospective student-athletes; maintain recruiting software and coordinate weekly mailings.
- Coordinate all video (i.e., film exchange, film editing, scout tapes, etc.)
- Organize special events (i.e., banquets, senior and meet the team day, etc.).
- Coordinate all travel for the team and coaches for competitions and recruiting.
- Responsible for putting together the competition schedule.
- Coordinate all community service functions for the assigned program.
- Serve as the liaison with marketing/promotions, compliance, academic support, facility management, and game operations.
- Coordinate summer camp operations.
- Knowledge in sports recruiting, counseling, conditioning, training and coaching, typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Physical Education or related field in order to assist in the organization and direction of all activities of the basketball program, is necessary.
- Knowledge of NCAA policies is necessary.
- Experience in counseling and advising student athletes is desirable.
- Three years previous college coaching experience with the assigned sport is desirable.