The Director of Operations for Softball is responsible for providing administrative direction and assistance to the University of Iowa softball program, as well as assisting in the daily operations of the program.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of 1 year of related administrative experience supporting a collegiate softball program or combination of administrative and collegiate softball playing experience (three or more years highly desired).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work constructively and collaboratively in a diverse environment, demonstrating strong interpersonal skills and ability to build trusting relationships
- A valid U.S. driving license and the ability to meet and maintain University of Iowa Driving Policy standards.
- Ability to travel through the months of January-June and frequent work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays.
- Three or more years of experience in athletics operations or event management.
- Working knowledge of the sport of softball, as demonstrated by softball playing, coaching in a formal competitive softball environment or softball operations experience is highly preferred.