The Director of Performance Nutrition for Football will create, administer, and monitor the nutrition program for all football student-athletes at Syracuse University. This individual will perform dietary assessments and counseling for all football student-athletes, create nutrition programs specific to each athlete, and track the outcomes of the goals set in place.
- Bachelor’s degree in nutrition (or related field) required. Must be a registered dietitian. Master’s degree preferred.
- Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD) preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in a football setting.
- Strong computer, presentation, communication, and technology skills.
- Create, administer, and monitor the nutrition program for all football student-athletes at Syracuse University.
- Perform dietary and body composition assessments and create individual nutrition goals for all football student-athletes. Track and document all corresponding data and results.
- Work in coordination with team chef, campus catering, and all outside entities that are involved with team meals to develop balanced meal plans to ensure proper nutrition, recovery, and individualized goals for each student athlete. Manage the inventory and staffing of all team fuel stations.
- Participate in recruiting events by providing presentations to prospective student-athletes and parents.
- Create educational presentations, materials, and cooking demonstrations for all football student athletes.