The Director of Recruiting is a role that will include the organization of recruiting communication, on-campus recruiting, assist with developing creative content to be used in recruiting and social media and assist the daily operations of the WVU women’s basketball program. This position will also organize recruits’ game schedules throughout the year, help build and maintain recruiting databases, and assist heavily with all other recruiting efforts.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the main liaison from the WVU women’s basketball staff to the athletics department digital media and communications staff. Duties include but are not limited to working with the women’s basketball digital media, marketing, and sports information directors to coordinate and develop the program’s digital and social media strategy.
- Serve as a content creator for West Virginia University’s women’s basketball and is responsible for creating digital media assets, researching content, and more.
- Represent the University on the highest professional level with dignity, integrity, and strength of character and will exhibit ethical behavior; must respect the rights and dignity of individuals with sensitivity to problems that may arise from racial and ethnical differences.
- Demonstrate a cooperative attitude towards all sports within the intercollegiate athletic program.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Maintain high standard of ethics and integrity related to intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA Division I intercollegiate athletics.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA and conference guidelines, policies, rules and regulations with the ability to interpret, apply, enforce and explain such policies and rules.
- Maintain knowledge of state and University policies and procedures.
- Exhibit strong creative, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of correct English, grammar, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.
- Demonstrated ability in public speaking skills.