This position will lead our Rehabilitation Service Line which encompasses inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services at Barton Memorial Hospital, Center for Orthopedics and Wellness, and Stateline Clinic locations. This includes oversight and unification of the Barton Performance service line with Rehabilitation Services. The Director of Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine has a dotted line to Home Health and Skilled Nursing rehabilitation staff for support and alignment.
- Completion of an accredited Physical, Occupational or Speech Therapy program.
- 5 years of clinical experience in physical, occupational or speech therapy.
- Strong leadership skills with a focus on identifying and developing rehabilitation specialists and promoting a culture of interdepartmental collaboration.
- Experience with working collaboratively with leaders to build specialty services lines.
- Familiarity with CAHPS surveys and experience with implementing strategies that positively affect these surveys.
- Provide consistently exceptional care at all times.
- Provides leadership and guidance to employees in order to ensure we provide consistently exceptional care for our patients. Works with department management to promote a Just Culture for our employees.
- Demonstrates effective communication, conflict resolution, consultation, negotiation and collaboration skills; provides coaching, mentoring, support and consultation to managers, colleagues, and staff; serves as a role model in professional behavior and leadership skills, problem-solving ability and interpersonal skills.
- Ensures staffing meets the needs of the organization, census, and population served.
- Ensures the competency of all staff and determines standards of performance.
- Evaluates staff annually and according to organizational timeframes.
- Develops employee development plans when opportunity for improvement is identified. Promotes staff development. Develops an annual education and competency plan for staff.
- Effectively manages multiple sites in CA and NV.