The Director of Soccer Operations will be responsible for providing administrative direction and assistance to the Head and Assistant Coaches. Duties to include arranging team travel and meals, assisting with the organization and execution of sports camps and clinics, overseeing student managers, organizing, assisting with on-campus recruiting and other duties as assigned for the daily operations of the soccer program.
- Bachelor’s degree (or international equivalent) or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Minimum of one year of administrative work experience, organizing and managing complex functions and/or a combination of experience as an intercollegiate athlete and Graduate Assistant coach in a DI athletics environment.
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills with ability to prioritize time-sensitive tasks and projects according to deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel and frequently work in the evenings, on weekends and holidays.
- Collegiate experience as a Coach and/or Athlete and/or basic knowledge of intercollegiate athletics programs.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of the professionalism and intensity necessary to successfully contribute to a Division I athletics program.
- Experience with event management and/or coordination.
The University of Iowa is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment free from discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), disability, genetic information, status as a U.S. veteran, service in the U.S. military, sexual orientation, gender identity, or associational preferences.