The Director of Sports Analytics will be responsible for collaborating in the design and delivery of data & video analysis to support the Technical Staff in all phases of the game during competitions. Their role is to ensure all research is done in a clear, effective, and efficient way to optimize performance for Rhode Island FC, a men’s pro soccer club playing in the USL Championship.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Technical staff in preparing opposition scouting reports using quantitative insights to help the team develop game strategy and tactics.
- Maintain opposition scouting framework with other staff leads, including (but not limited to) video collection and tagging, data profiles and presentation creation.
- Provide reports and visualizations to technical staff to effectively communicate insights uncovered by the use of data.
- Record, capture and code all Club games and training sessions.
- Contribute to the design and delivery of all performance analysis support, including (but not limited to) training, pre-match, in-game, post-match, individual player support, scouting/player monitoring, and team tracking.
- Implement organizational structure of all team content (i.e., video, opponent information, set pieces, etc.) to ensure efficient and effective workflows.
- Work with the Technical Staff to develop and maintain the Club game model and objective measures to form player profiles to drive recruitment strategy.
- Ability to lift patients using biomedical techniques frequently throughout the course of a workday/shift; must be capable of easily lifting fifty (50) pounds of weight alone.
- Ability to walk, bend, stand, and reach constantly during a workday/shift. Ability to participate in sustained activities for many hours in duration in accordance with state labor laws.