The Athletic Department at Saint Michael’s College is excited to invite applications for the Director of Sports Medicine and Performance position. Join our dynamic Athletic Department's leadership team and become the driving force behind the Purple Knights' success. As a leader in the department, you will steer the ship for all Athletic Training and Strength & Conditioning services, elevating our student-athletes to peak performance.
- Supervision and management of activities of the athletic training room. Supervision of all full time/part time athletic training room staff and student workers.
- Supervision and management of the Strength and Conditioning Coach.
- Supervision and management of contracted healthcare providers.
- Scheduling and participating in medical coverage of practice and home games for 21 varsity teams.
- Ultimate responsibility for the managed and appropriate care of all student-athletes.
- Effective communication and professional interaction with Team Physician, SMC Health Services, Athletic Department Coaches/Staff, Athletic Training Staff, Strength and Conditioning Coach, and health care providers.
- Accurate and complete injury records and student-athlete files.
- Accurate inventory and fiscally responsible allocation of budget.
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer; Master’s Degree preferred.
- Approved Clinical Instructor for CAAHEP programs.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products.
- Proficiency with injury Tracking software.
- NATA Certified Athletic Trainer.
- State of Vermont Licensed Athletic Trainer.