Simmons University, an NCAA Division III member of The Great Northeast Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for a full-time, 12-month professional position for Director of Sports Medicine/ Head Athletic Trainer.
- Manage Athletic Training staff to fulfill all needs of 9 varsity sports. Needs including, but not limited to, practice and game day coverage at the Holmes Sports Center and Daly Field, maintenance of medical record, insurance claims, and injury management.
- Day-to-day operations of the athletic training room include but are not limited to prevention, evaluation, treatment, and rehabilitation of athletic related injuries.
- Professional communication with head coaches and coaching staff, as well as Athletic Director and support staff. Including, but not limited to, student-athlete emergency information, emergency action plans, scheduling, and day to day coverage.
- Develop and maintain communication with the University Health Center, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, and other external healthcare resources.
- Coordination of game day needs for both home and away contests with opposing team's athletic trainers. Home contests require set-up, preparation and appropriate student-athlete care staffing.
- Oversee the design and implementation of sport specific strength and conditioning programs.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Athletic Training from a certified accredited athletic training education program (CAATE) required.
- BOC Certification as an Athletic Trainer required.
- Eligibility for MA licensure in Athletic Training required.
- 2-5 years of athletic training experience at the college level preferred.
- Knowledge of NCAA regulations.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication and computer skills.