James Madison University, a Division I Member of the NCAA and Sun Belt Conference, is seeking a Director of Sports Nutrition. This position will report to the Associate AD for Integrated Health and Sports Performance/ Director of Sports Medicine and will be responsible for the development, implementation and administration of a comprehensive sports nutrition program for JMU Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical nutrition, dietetics, food and nutrition or a related area granted from a US regionally accredited college or university.
- Experience working within a sports nutrition department at a Division 1 university.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- CSSD certified or eligible for certification.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a high pace environment and effectively communicate with multiple parties within the athletics department and campus community.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.