Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, screen, hire and provide oversight, supervision, and guidance to full-time Assistant Sports Dietitian, Graduate Assistant Sports Dietitian, paid student employees, student volunteers, practicum students, and dietetic interns.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of (3) fueling stations for Athletics including budget development and management, product procurement, stocking, inventory control, and staffing solutions.
- Work to identify, foster, and build relationships with campus entities, departments, and staffs to develop resources for student-athletes, coaches, and teams that may enhance programming, support, and nutritional or performance-related resources. Contribute to the development of a campus and community-wide network of resources and relationships that assists the functions and goals of Sports Nutrition and Athletics Dept.
- Coordinate nutritional care as a member of the multidisciplinary integrated health and sports performance unit. Collaborate with team physician, athletic training, strength and conditioning, sports psychology, and sport coaches to promote an interdisciplinary approach to student-athlete care. Serve as the food and nutrition resource for Athletics staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in clinical nutrition, dietetics, food and nutrition or a related area granted from a US regionally accredited college or university.
- Experience working within a sports nutrition department at a Division 1 university.
- Completion of a didactic program in dietetics and supervised practice program approved by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics.
- Registered Dietitian with active registration by the Commission on Dietetic Registration.
- CSSD certified or eligible for certification.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a high pace environment and effectively communicate with multiple parties within the athletics department and campus community.
James Madison University is committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status.