This position oversees sports nutrition education and counseling services for athletics. The incumbent assists in the planning, development, and implementation of the sports nutrition program; provides nutrition assessment, counseling, and education for student athletes and coaches; develops and manages the sports nutrition budget; and ensures services are intended to support the physical, emotional, and social health of student-athletes.
- Directs and implements student athlete nutrition programs including weight management, performance nutrition, hydration protocols, individual and team nutrition assessment, disordered eating, and supplement use.
- Serves as a liaison between UM Nutrition & Hospitality Department and Athletics to recruit, mentor, and supervise sports nutrition graduate assistants.
- Provides individualized nutrition counseling services.
- Conducts initial student-athlete nutrition assessments and screenings.
- Counsels and advises student athletes on optimal nutrition for training, weight management, hydration, disordered eating, travel, and supplement use.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Dietetics or a related field.
- Three (3) years of experience related to the above described duties.
- Incumbent must be a Registered Dietitian or license eligible within (12) months of employment.