- In collaboration with Innovation leadership, create the 3-5 year strategic roadmap for Sports Research.
- Ensure SRL Roadmap and goals are properly prioritized, maintained, and achieved.
- Identify and incubate external Sports Research partnerships that align with our goals and vision for the team.
- Lead research share outs with senior leadership to ensure there is clear line of site of the roadmap.
- Ensure insights are translated into actionable language and direction for product teams.
- Create a learning and development environment for team members to ensure team members continue to learn and grow.
- Create a collaborative environment in which multidisciplinary teams can learn, experiment, and innovate.
- Foster an environment in which best practices are continuously updated and continuously optimized.
- Develop the infrastructure (processes, software programs, protocols and procedures) for a state-of-the-art sports research lab and team.
REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
- Ph.D. or Masters Degree with a background in biomechanics, kinesiology, and/or exercise science or an equivalent field with 7+ years of relevant work experience or equivalent education, experience and training (e.g. Masters and 9+ years) and 5+ years' experience of managing teams.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement strategies for complex organizations.
- Significant experience in a fast pace R&D environment.
- Deep knowledge of the equipment used in movement science and associated analytical methods.
- A history of creating new methodologies, protocols, knowledge, and insights.
- Proven record of taking insights from scientific exploration and applying them to consumer products.
- Ability to work with other senior leaders across organizations to provide guidance, solutions, direction, and growth opportunities.
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion and other terms, conditions and privileges of employment are provided without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran or other protected veteran.