The Director will oversee coordinated sports science support services between all of the Athletic Performance Unit (APU) disciplines. In addition, the Director will look to integrate with university departments to further support the scholar-athletes with special projects and research to solidify the department’s commitment to academic and athletic excellence.
- Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred) in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or a related field, or equivalent years of experience.
- Current knowledge of applicable rules and standards of the affiliated athletic conference, the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA), as well as other associations and agencies to which the campus adheres, and, at all times avoid any and all violations of these rules and standards.
- Highly advanced and effective interpersonal, motivational and team leadership skills to work effectively with athletic participants, staff and parents of student athletes. Skill to communicate clearly and effectively to coaches, athletic administrators and student-athletes.
- Maintain Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and/or Collegiate Strength & Conditioning Coaches Association (CSCCa) certification and/or other comparable certification.
- Ability to demonstrate creativity, sound judgment and decision-making; be an effective problem solver and be highly effective communicating verbally, in writing and for live media presentations.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.