Directs the Tennis Academy/Tennis program to include: coaching and oversight and delivery of all 3 ILH seasons (INT, JV, Varsity), after school lessons through XLP Global Academy, private and group lessons, and any other use of the Mid-Pacific Tennis Courts. Additionally, this position will oversee and track all income and expenditures involving the tennis program working in collaboration with the Business Office.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with the Director of Athletics to develop and promote the Tennis program to students, parents, faculty, alumni, and the public.
- Will serve as the Head Coach for Varsity, JV and INT Tennis for the ILH teams.
- Will hire, train, and evaluate all Assistant Tennis Coaches for the interscholastic teams as well as for individual or group lessons.
- Oversee and coordinate all summer school lessons/programming.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for the Tennis program, and evaluates them for effectiveness.
- Oversees all income and expenditures for the Tennis program. Works with the Athletic Director on the budget.
- Orders, oversees, and inventories all uniforms and equipment needed for all aspects of the program.
- Works with the Athletic Director and FMS (Facilities) to ensure a safe environment, repairs as needed, and cleanliness of the tennis facility.
- Collaborates with the Business Office and/or Global Exchange Academy (GlobalX) as needed for registration and payment for all lessons.
- Demonstrating Professional Body of Knowledge: A professional demonstrates an understanding of practice area knowledge and appreciates learning more about this practice area and beyond.
- Professional as a Learner: A professional engages in career-long professional learning and ongoing critical reflection to identify opportunities for improving leadership, mentoring, and collaboration. The inherent nature of a professional staff member is a keen, lifelong passion for learning, and a deep curiosity and wonder about people, events, and places.
- Fostering Effective Relationships: A professional builds positive working relationships with colleagues, other departments, and the community.
- Establishing an Inclusive Environment: A professional creates a safe, caring environment that is inclusive of and engaging for others.