The Director of Tennis/Head Men’s and Women’s Tennis Coach at Long Island University will be responsible for the overall development and management of the men’s and women’s tennis program. This position includes coaching, recruitment, student-athlete development, program administration and fiscal management responsibilities, as well as development and implementation of a strategic plan for the program.
- Responsible for building a new program to start competition 2021-2022 season.
- Serves as a critical leader in fostering a campus culture in which differences are embraced and works to advance the University’s mission of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to recruit highly qualified prospective student-athletes who demonstrate the potential to be successful academically and productive contributors to the tennis program.
- Mentor and monitor student-athlete development both in and out of the rink; ensuring academic and athletic success, citizenship, sportsmanship and positive values
- Responsible for game strategy, game day coaching, and practice preparation in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Manage associate/assistant coaches and interns working directly with the program, including hiring, supervision and scheduling.
- Maintain the program’s operating budget and the development and implementation of a fundraising strategic plan.
- Successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree and previous coaching experience.
- Candidates should also possess an enthusiasm for working with individual athletes, a strong tennis background, excellent oral and written communication skills, a solid work-ethic, and a commitment to NCAA rules.
- Strong computer skills are a plus.