Recruits prospective student-athletes, provides game-day coaching, and practice preparation, as well as program administrative responsibilities within the Athletics Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for building a new program to start competition 2021-2022 season.
- Serves as a critical leader in fostering a campus culture in which differences are embraced and works to advance the University’s mission of diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to recruit highly qualified prospective student-athletes who demonstrate the potential to be successful academically and productive contributors to the tennis program.
- Mentor and monitor student-athlete development both in and out of the rink; ensuring academic and athletic success, citizenship, sportsmanship and positive values
- Responsible for game strategy, game day coaching, and practice preparation in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.
- Successful candidate must have a bachelor's degree and previous coaching experience.
- Candidates should also possess an enthusiasm for working with individual athletes, a strong tennis background, excellent oral and written communication skills, a solid work-ethic, and a commitment to NCAA rules. Strong computer skills are a plus.