Under the direction of the Athletic Director, coach, plan, organize, recruit for, and coordinate the Bushnell University Cross Country/Track & Field Program and serve as a key administrator for the Athletic Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct all aspects of the Cross Country and Track & Field program: including recruiting, scholarship distribution, spiritual formation, budgeting, scheduling, rules compliance, practice and meet preparation, scheduling of contests, and supervision of coaches.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, and coach Cross Country and Track & Field program within the academic, spiritual formation and athletic philosophies of Bushnell University, local, and national conferences; verify eligibility of student athletes according to established regulations and procedures.
- Grow and maintain the track and field/cross country rosters to minimum roster expectations.
- Plan and organize team travel including transportation, lodging, and meals for away contests.
- Maintain and implement a training program for on and off season.
- Coordinate, organize and run practice sessions.
- Facilitate and procure facilities for practice and/or competition.
- Hire, train, evaluate and supervise coaching staff.
- Conduct fund raising activities for the Cross Country and Track & Field program.
- Maintain Alumni relations.
- Understand and work toward the goals of Bushnell University and NAIA Athletics.
- Know college policies, procedures and trends related to Intercollegiate Athletics.
- NAIA and Cascade Collegiate Conference philosophy, rules, regulations, regarding eligibility, recruiting, financial aid, recruiting, sports playing seasons, etc.
- Proper coaching and motivation techniques.
- Body mechanics principles, flexibility and strength training.
- High pedagogy of cross country, track and field.
- Risk management and safety regulations; applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Budget preparation and control.