The director of track & field and cross country programs is responsible for all aspects of these three teams. The director serves as leader and head coach and with the aid of the assistant coaches, will primarily instruct, train and coach student athletes about the sports and skills required and to be maintained for Division I competition.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Experience as a successful track and field and cross country coach.
- Successful experience recruiting, developing and retaining quality student athletes from diverse backgrounds.
- Expertise in one or more track and field event areas.
- Excellent and effective written communication skills.
- Master's degree.
- Experience as a track/running coach at the collegiate level with student athletes from diverse backgrounds.
- Advanced training in one or more track and field event areas.
- Leadership/management experience/training.
- History of building successful teams at the conference level and developing exceptionally competitive individual student-athletes.
- Ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
Informed by its Catholic and Marianist mission, the University is committed to the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Informed by this commitment, we seek to increase diversity, achieve equitable outcomes, and model inclusion across our campus community.