Works under the supervision of the Assistant Athletic Director of Development will work to create an atmosphere of engagement and development among former basketball players and Varsity Club members. Gain an in-depth knowledge of the basketball program for purposes and communicating the specific needs to former players and alums/friends.
- Foster positive relations with former women’s basketball players through personal outreach.
- Leads identification of donors, mentors, career development resources, coaches, event hosts and era leaders among women’s basketball alumni base.
- Qualifies, cultivates and stewards Deacon Club donors and prospects.
- Solicits Deacon Club donors for new and increased giving to Athletics.
- Partners with other calling officers to serve as Deacon Club Basketball representative on solicitation visits.
- Increase philanthropy among former players by focused development efforts.
- Responsible for outreach, scheduling appointments, maintaining and communicating results, and appropriate assessments.
- Help with the LJVM transformation project.
- Plan and coordinate the former basketball player reunion around the bi-annual CP3 Golf Tourney.
- Assist, speak and develop relationships with Wake Forest Basketball support groups and community and charity events.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Represent Department at Deacon Club/Alumni Events.
- Enters relevant contact reports, giving plans and other details into appropriate database.
Wake Forest seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce while promoting an inclusive work environment committed to excellence in the spirit of Pro Humanitate. In adherence with applicable laws and as provided by University policies, the University prohibits discrimination in its employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, disability and veteran status and encourages qualified candidates across all group demographics to apply.