- Oklahoma teacher certification required.
- Administrative certification preferred, with a minimum of five years’ experience as a coach preferred.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible to the Superintendent of Schools and the Board of Education for compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 insofar as Title IX concerns school sponsored sports.
- Responsible to the Superintendent of Schools and works in consultation with the Principal in supervising the athletic and intramural programs.
- Responsible for administering all interscholastic policies and procedures working within the confines of the rules and bylaws of the Oklahoma Secondary School Activities Association (OSSAA).
- Serves as school liaison to parent support groups and booster clubs.
- Monitor fund-raisers by athletic programs.
- Works closely with the Director of Finance to ensure budgets and expenditures are accurate. Submits a financial report to the Superintendent at the end of each school year.
- Observes and evaluates coaches sufficiently in order to make future recommendations in terms of job expectancies and to make recommendations. Shall assist in the selection of new coaches.
- Supervises all athletic facilities and schedules practice use and recommends maintenance repairs.
- Represents the school in all athletic business at League, Conference and State meetings.
- Devises a reasonable and equitable program for the utilization of the concession stands.
- Responsible for athletic physical examinations in accordance with the requirements of the State High School Association.
- Responsible for the operation and organization of the press boxes, officials’ tables, etc.
- Assists the administration in the preparation and distribution of complimentary passes for school district employees.